Thursday, October 7, 2010

What I've Been Up To: Finished Pieces!

I have been very busy with my long awaited final products. Over eight hours taking pictures and fixing in photoshop. I am very pleased that everything came out perfect and unlike my first batch everything is definitely sellable.  I was very distraught when I first posted my things on my etsy shop, because only about a 30% of what was meant to go up for sale actually made it in my shop. Glazes didn't come out right and some things just didn't look as good as they did on paper (or in my head). I kept telling myself that things take time and you live and learn. So after my first posting, I learned what not to do, what to do, and how helpful it is to have great friends and family that are willing to help you out.


So this time around I went crazy with hole cutters and made a lot of candle holders and glazed them all different colors. I haven't repeated the same patterns, but I probably will in the future.
I think I would still like to get a shot of them all at night on my deck with tea lights in them before one of them sells.
I have mentioned my faceted cups before, and if these sell as fast as my first set, I will definitely have my shop fully stocked with them. For some reason, I only want to paint them in blue hues. After the bisque firing one of the cups cracked and was beyond repair, so I am now stuck with a solo cup that I guess can be for a pencil holder or something or sold alone as a coffee mug.

This is my first teapot and I had it since my first firing, but the lid that originally went with it was bad. It was too big and for some reason left the bottom of it unglazed. So I finally have a lid for it. I have another in the kiln right now that is very similar, but has a convex lid and will have a cane handle, not bamboo like this one.

Last are these small bud vases that i almost didn't sell, because I though they looked so cute together and I couldn't stop holding the dark blue one in the palm of my hand. It has a perfect roundness to it.

Now that all is posted and I won't get back my small bisque batch until tomorrow, I have no excuses as to why I shouldn't be on my wheel all day. If you are interested in seeing more of my products that aren't pictured here check out my shop www.lizetpotterystudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment