Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sketchbook Project Preview

So other than glazing pots (which is what I was doing all day yesterday) I have just started working in my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project. It is pretty cool. You sign up, and you receive the book in the mail.The deadline is January 15th and the book tours museums i n Brooklyn, Austin, TX, San Francisco, Portland, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington DC, and Winter Park Florida. I'm pretty excited about it. I can't wait to see it when it comes to Chicago. There is a bar code on the book, so you can see how many times it was looked at. For more info click here:
http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject
Anyways, there is a list of topics to choose from and I chose Coffee and Cigarettes.  I'm trying to think of more ideas. I think the majority of my sketches will be funny. I am not an abstract artist with bizarre interpretations of "Coffee and Cigarettes". I hope whoever picks up my book gets a good laugh. My drawings are quill pen and ink and I'm not sure if I would consider them finished. the picture quality is horrible since the paper has a little glossiness to it. Take a look.
Cruela with her latte.

children at a very exciting coffee (not tea) party.
She's so cute right?
the Mad hatter with his coffee and smoke.


I think they still need captions or titles on the page. The Mad hatter needs a nice elaborate title in rococo style letters perhaps and a pack of smokes on his table. If you have any other ideas for me to sketch, please comment below. I still have a fried up bony smoker mom to in mind to draw and I had a lot of fun drawing Cruela so there might be few of her in my little book.

No comments:

Post a Comment