Friday, March 25, 2011

A Few of My New Pots and a Some Nice Etsy Goods

So I have been pretty busy lately on that same project that I didn't tell you about in my last post. It's still a little secret. I do however have some pieces I just posted in my shop that I have gotten from the kiln today as well as earlier in the week. I am so incredibly sick of making these small  candle holders, so I will only post one of those here, but you can always check out all my other ones in my shop. 






These are few new pieces, and if you would like to see more, check out my shop www.lizetpotterystudio.etsy.com What I am really excited about though are some small bottles I have been working on. They are very small (about the size of my hand) and when I made them they seemed like a dumb idea, but I was so sick of small candle holders! So in between making a large batch of 12 oz candle holders, I would grab the next ball and sometimes I just made something different. The bottles have a small neck and they are rounded like a bud vase. The other night I was in the middle of glazing and decided to take another break from the candle holders. I ended up taking my fine tips out and spent almost 3 hours on one of the small  bud vases. It turned out looking like lace and although my hand became very stiff by the end of the night, I had so much fun making it! Below are some pieces that have inspired me in a way to make them and I can't wait to show you the finished products. The pottery is from Etsy shops and I think they are beautiful!


http://www.etsy.com/listing/37074941/wheel-thrown-round-blue-bottle

http://www.etsy.com/listing/16476859/a-rimless-iznik-pottery-dish

No comments:

Post a Comment