Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Some Bisque and Finished Pieces

My new students are amazing! I think my next post will be about their pieces and their progress. I am very proud of them. They are still having problems centering, but they are getting better and learning to not be scared to take chances. I have gotten a few new pieces from the kiln. The day was snowy and drab, so the pictures of the finished pieces came out crappy. I got a hefty amount of bisqueware back, so I have a lot of glazing to do!





As you can see, I have been a little crazy about different kinds of bottlenecks and tapering fat bellies. I will always choose to do a fat round vase over a cylinder one. I also love skinny bottle necks.

Here are some of the larger pieces. The tallest is a custom Christmas gift. These studded vases take very long to finish, but they are so pretty. I will only glaze them white. I think white compliments the shadows and values of the vase.


Here is that custom candle holder I have been finished. This pot is in my "Journey of a Custom Order" where you can see it as bisqueware. I am happy with it, and I really hope my customer is too! I'm excited to see what she thinks. Below is a photo of that yellow mug I had showed before the glaze was fired.



No comments:

Post a Comment