Thursday, May 26, 2011

More to Be Done!

Calling for a celebration: picked up my kiln this past weekend! It was very exciting and it was such a good deal. The next step is cleaning the garage (this is no easy feat, considering it is packed with stuff that isn't mine) and then getting the electrical hookup. The kiln is a monster. It is an old Crusader kiln with no kiln sitter. I will be doing a lot of cone watching for a while. I can fit inside of it myself and will probably only need to fire every few weeks.


Getting my new-old kiln, I have spending a lot of time glazing. I realize I can benefit greatly from taking time to sketch before it is time to glaze a ton of pots. I always sit down with only a few a good ideas and sometimes ruin pots due to lack of planning and creativity. Here are few I have recently finished and will be fired soon. 




The fish bowl was inspired by an art neuvo painting called 'Carps amongst the Lillies'. I have also had problems with glazes not covering well. I had about five pots that needed to be reglazed and refired before I can post them . Hopefully I can get them next Monday.

These are a few of the pots that came out nice and some that had to be reglazed. It might be hard to see, but the red ones came out kind of cloudy and splotchy. See more at www.lizetpotterystudio.etsy.com



2 comments: