I had a dry spell of no clay whatsoever and it was a big bummer. What made it worse was that there was also no way of getting to the studio where I fire my things due to a massive snow storm. Finally this week I have got some new things to share. When I finally did get my clay I began working with really large pieces that I had never had the confidence for. I did succeed though! I keep adding a bit more to the load every week. Most of the greenware pots are whats cookin right now. they will be ready to glaze tomorrow.
I was very happy with this pot. It came out perfectly round and I made my first ever thrown knob! I love the way it turned out. I have absolutely no clue how to glaze it. When finished throwing the pot it stood at about a foot, once it dried it only measured 10" and once I get it from the kiln tomorrow, it will probably be about 9". That really bothers me! Below is a photo on my wheel. This pot was about a foot tall when it was wet. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it when I transformed it into a large pitcher.
Here are a few more things I have yet to show.
I just made the lid to this teapot today and it will be trimmed tomorrow. The teapot has a genie lamp shape. The simple lidded pot on top has a great shape and its simple so it leaves a nice blank canvas to glaze. Below are a few finished pieces that are now posted in shop. www.lizetpotterystudio.etsy.com