Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Long Time No See!!

Been crazy busy about getting some new things in a store nearby which I will share the details about later. I have been researching a lot about consignment shops and all the ins and outs about that stuff. I am placing a few things in a shop nearby and have already checked out the place knowing that they will probably sell due to the location and feel of the shop. I have made a few new things that I have stocked my Etsy shop with. For the most part they are semi mod looking pieces. A few things came out that I have to reglaze and also some bisque pieces that need glazing. I will probably get those back this Friday. Take a peek at some of these guys.




I am pleased with how these came out, especially the yellow lemon drop one. The yellow one has a great shape and feels good in your hands. At first I didn't like the orange one, but then I think the grooves in it gave it good character and a nice ripple shape. To see more photos of these two click here www.lizetpotterystudio.etsy.com




The top orange swirl pot caused me some problems. Originally, I loved the shape as bisqueware and couldn't wait to see it all finished. After I glazed it, I almost didn't post it. I thought it was a "not so great" looking piece. then a friend and some family members said it was their favorite out of the bunch. So I gave the pot a chance and it grew on me. The bottom picture of the sea green pot is actually an older pot, but I just realized how much some pretty props really make a pot pop (try saying that five times fast). So I just wanted to share this pretty picture.





If you regularly look at my blog, then you probably remember the these pieces start to finish and that the latest update was their trip to Germany as a gift to my sister. She was nice enough to send me some pretty photos of them in action. They look great! She loves them too. Looking at these make me want another coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment