Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Where Have I Gone?!


Hello! I know it has been just about forever since my last post. I was very busy dealing with my first wholesale order and the stress and nerves that come with it! It was a very exciting and rewarding experience. I will have a post set up soon about it when I get pictures of everything set up in the store this weekend. The cute boutique is about an hour from my house so, I haven't gone yet to visit my pots. Well...they aren't really mine anymore are they? So other than that and an fun weekend trip to Minnesota, I have been very unproductive in my studio. I have been having issues with getting to the school where I usually teach in order to get stuff fired. So if all goes well this weekend, I will have an electrician here to look at my kiln situation and give me an estimate. That way I can fire all on my own!



These are a few pieces I was working on. The top was actually a custom order that I have to redo (she decided after I made them that she wanted them bigger), but I can still sell these as a set no problem. The edges are supposed to be warped, which is a lot harder than it seems. I beat the crap out of them right after they were thrown and they still ended up drying fairly round. The bottom is a teapot that I finished last week and I can't wait to see how the handle will look on it. The lid has a thrown knob. I think those look best.



These pots are custom orders that I didn't share, because they were sent out right before I left for Mexico. The top bowl came out really nice, but it cracked during shipping! It will be a challenge if I continue to sell such large items. I might not anymore. The bottom creamer and sugar set are a blue version of my popular orange set. They came out perfect and the customer was very happy.

2 comments: